Grateful to share these experiences.


Please take the time to click on the photos to view full size.

I am forever grateful that parts of society donate to such organizations like Wounded Warrior Project. This organization has allowed us to go and experience many things we other wise would have never experienced.



Big Busing it Big Bus
Want to take a trip on the Big Bus tours? 
Click this link to learn more: The Big Bus Tours

City Bridges Boats and ships City Vacations City Tall Big City Dreams Tall sky Celeb Home Main strip

For some veterans like myself the biggest struggle of my recovery has been trying to become financially stable and financially free to make better choices and surround myself with beneficial products that only increase my ability to focus and reflect. It has not been easy but I do my best and it can become overwhelming and sometimes the thoughts of future obstacles or problems can consume the moments of enjoyment.

As a photographer and graphic designer I have been talking with my girl now for two years about going to Wynwood walls to get some very cool photography and to experience and see the culture. So by surprise as an extra effort by the company (Big Bus) they gave us an extra tour through Wynwood and I was able to catch some pretty cool photos.
Check them out..Those big walls Graphic Building Graphic Arts Street graphics Main Street Historic Overtown Gangsters Rap it up Walls Walls 2 Walls 3 Walls 5 Walls 8 Walls 16 Walls 15 Walls 9


Going to these events has given moments of clarity, moments of enjoyments and I am able to just be in the moment and enjoy being a family regardless of everything weighing me down. I am able to be a better father and better man, a better disabled veteran with the help of organizations to fill the gaps of financial struggles.

As for my children, they enjoy every moment and I am able to watch them grow, learn and experience new things I would other wise not been able to do with them. I do not so much like the idea of worrying if I am able to save enough money on a daily basis to someday one day way into a future of unknown and not promised to give my children a chance to go out the house and truly have fun and be out in the community and show them the positive parts of society.

Tomorrow is never promised especially with visible and invisible wounds that veterans are struggle with daily. Understand the fact that as a soldier your health will be compromised not only by the experiences you have in war but also by the military standards and actions. This leaves a lot of veterans with deteriorating health conditions that ofter just become exacerbated by our environment, society, food, medical and relationships. This means that a veterans life could be cut short at any moment and this is why veterans should make the most of everyday and if unable to at the least once a week have a moment of enjoyment to truly feel thankful.

WW Dinner Knife WW Dinner steak WW Dinner Family boys
Want to eat out at The Knife wile at the Bayshore Miami? 
Click this link to learn more: The Knife Bay Shore Miami

Since I started participating in the alumni my relationship with my children has improved. I have been able to use it as a reward and something to look forward to, giving them purpose and reason to do good in school and make the right choices. I have seen them go from struggling a little to honor roll with new motivation and becoming proud of themselves boosting their confidence. I could not ask for anything more than a proud, happy, motivated family working together as a team.

Family Honorroll HonorRoll Books Learning is fun Grad

So proud of the work they have done to do good. Thats all that matter is staying focused and making the most of every moment of excitement and accomplishments. I will never put myself in the way of their growth or future as my parents as many do to this day out of blissful ignorance.


Street Arts Beauty Easter Guess

I have to stop and give the upmost respect and recognition to this woman for being a huge part of my recovery and everything I have been able to do. She is the one that motivates me and keep me in line and spends the time needed to listen and to have decent conversations filled with laughs. So to all those woman blamming the veteran (Grow up) and recognize the struggle and become a part of the recovery. There is so much more to be done so never give up.

Going to these lunch ins with other veterans has help me realize I am not the only veteran thriving for more. Its helping me open up and be around like minded others. The fulfillment and gratitude has grown in me since I been going to these events.  It has been about 9 months since I went to my first event and each time I have grown and strengthen my relationship becuase in those moments I am able to set aside my anxiety and have truly meaningful conversations with my significant other.

This day we were able to go to Monkey Jungle and then Bellini for lunch.


Turtle Zoo Monkey Hesits


 


Light-it-up String Cheese Dinner me friend Burn it up Smiles up Cheese Cake yumm WWP Shirt Hes happy Fun times Coffee Sneak a pic Sandwitch Yumm Dinner Out For lunch at Bellini Miami
This place had very good food for the most part and the environment is very warm and inviting.  Everyone that follows my blogs knows I am very picky about where and what I eat, after all its been a huge part of my recovery to understand and learn about nutrition but more importantly how and where the food is also prepared. I will say this was a pretty good choice for a place to have lunch with other veterans.

Want to check out Bellini when you're in Miami? 
Check out their site here: Bellini





Ride along Splish Splash Priceless Speedy Dolphin Dolphin Day Key West Dolphins A kiss for me

This was the first event we went to in Key West Florida. The Dolphin Research Center was one of the most memorable experience for my children and I. We got to get right into the water and be up and close with the dolphins and see how they have a personality. It was a little bit of a drive but well worth it.

Want to visit the Dolphin Research Center yourself?
Check out their website here:The Dolphin Research Center



Snake it Jungle Island Mr Bird Monkey around Turtle Sit Kang a roo it Snakes She love it Cutie Collage it catch it Jungle Too fun us
Jungle Island was a very fun and educational experience. I was very delighted to see Jungle Island give us a show and allow us to personally hold and pet these animals. I liked how Wounded Warriors kept us together as a group but also gave us freedom to walk around.

Want to check out Jungle Island yourself? 
Check out their website here:Jungle Island

Now do not get me wrong and do not forget the issues I and many others suffer with on a daily basis. When going to these events everything is not peaches and cream. I am in a financial struggle and this hinder much much stuff in our life and even coming up with an extra $50 for gas and snacks is almost impossible to have. This is why I promote my photography and skills and services to give myself a chance to support myself. I also use events as an opportunity to take full advantage of the experience to get some photos.



All though I want to paint a pretty picture of going to these events just know life struggles and disabilities are still very real and at times can get in the way of fully enjoying the experience myself. If I travel to far I get severe pains in my neck and back. When dealing with ignorant people in traffic I get highly agitated and aggravated. If it is hot and the event is outside I can get very uncomfortable and get headaches. If the event is providing food or the event goes to a restaurant I have to be careful of what I consume when I am on a specific diet. Not only are these issues real but all the other issues of life that constantly have me at edge. Things like financially struggling, my vehicle being old and on the verge of breaking down causing me to have anxiety of causing an accident.  When choosing to go to an event sometimes I do not know if I will be able to have enough gas throughout the week. Child support and family courts threatening me and stealing my money and rights. Some times with everything I just want to lay in bed and hide from everything. I want to give up and just accept and have my children accept that we can not go out and do things becuase I simply can not afford it or I do not feel good enough. Communities not standing behind me or supporting me through my struggles to give me more opportunities to not only support myself but help both with legal and health cost. Always fighting with doctors to get the proper care and help I need and deserve. Trust me it is not easy at all but I refuse to use that as an excuse to live a lower quality of life.

Getting away from all of that and again just being able to have those small moments where I do not have to worry and I am able to relax, have fun and create special memories with my children. I am forever grateful and appreciate the efforts of this organization.

I will end this with saying thank you to those who do donate to this organization and a big thank you to Wounded Warriors for supporting and helping me through my recovery.




Want to donate to Wounded Warriors today? 
Click this link: WWP Donate

Comments

Popular Posts